The Folk Dance Federation of California has established the Folk Dance Promotion Fund to promote international folk dance. (See Let’s Dance! Dec. 2005). The purpose of the Folk Dance Promotion Fund is to promote international folk dance in the northern California region through a competitive grants program. Grants up to $2000 can be awarded with a limit of $6000 to be spent in any one year. In extraordinary circumstances, the Folk Dance Promotion Fund Committee (FDPFC) may recommend approval of grants exceeding these limits.
- Projects should promote folk dance in the broadest sense.
- Grants will be made up to $2000 with a maximum annual expenditure by the fund of $6000.
- Applicants must be Individual Members of the Federation, or belong to a member club or Federation committee.
- Application procedures are available from any member of the Committee (see list below).
- Awardees will be required to submit a final report that summarizes the results, potential benefits anticipated, and a budget summary explaining the use of grant funds.
The Committee welcomes written applications at any time. Applications must be from individual members of the Federation or from member clubs or Federation committees.
(Chair) Marija Hillis (email@example.com)
Donations to the Fund are also welcome so the Fund may grow and generate significant interest. Checks should be written payable to the “Folk Dance Federation of California, Inc.” and designated for the Folk Dance Promotion Fund.