The Folk Dance Federation of California assists in organizing dance clubs and councils, promotes dance activities generally in Northern California, sponsors festivals, institutes, and teacher training, supports research in dances, music and costumes, and maintains this web site: folkdance.com. The list of officers below is accurate through May 31, 2018, at which time the new officers will take office and this web page will be updated.
The by-laws of the Federation are available here.
- President — Joe Croco
- Vice President — Marian Snyder
- Treasurer — Laura Douglass
- Recording Secretary — Clem Dickey
- Let’s Dance! Editor — Loui Tucker
- Membership — Alicia La Fetra
- Parliamentarian – Bill Lidicker
Much of the Federation work is done by the following committees. Per the Federation Bylaws, Article V, section 2c, the President is an ex officio member of all committees except those dealing with nominations of officers, recalls, audits, and grievances.
- Archives — Kevin Greek (chair), Sabine Zappe
- Communications — Susan Gregory (chair), Loui Tucker
- Finance — Lucy Chang (chair), Bill Lidicker, Sabine Zappe
- Institutes — Lon Radin (chair), Lucy Chang, Loui Tucker
- Insurance — Ken Kaye (chair), Loui Tucker
- Nominating — Craig Blackstone
- Promotion — Marija Hillis (chair), Gary Anderson, Bruce Mitchell, Lucy Chang
- Past President — Kevin Greek
- Publicity — Susan Gregory (chair), Loui Tucker, Lucy Chang
- Research — Cricket Raybern (chair), Martha Awdziewicz, Karen Bennett, Laura Carman, Lucy Chang, Bill and Louise Lidicker, Kevin Greek, Tom Sha, Marina Troost Loui Tucker, Joyce Uggla, Karen Wilson-Bell
- Scholarship — Sabine Zappe (chair), Gary Anderson, Lucy Chang, Wendy Ellis
- Statewide Festival — Bruce Mitchell, Sacramento International Folk Dance and Arts Council