The Folk Dance Federation of California assists in organizing dance clubs and councils, promotes dance activities generally in Northern California, sponsors festivals, institutes, and teacher training, supports research in dances, music and costumes, and maintains this web site: folkdance.com. The list of officers below is accurate through May 31, 2018, at which time the new officers will take office and this web page will be updated.
The Federation exists to promote folk dancing, to bring more potential dancers into our dance halls, and to keep current dancers informed and connected. The work the officers and committee members do (in addition to paying annual dues) is all volunteer labor—from attending meetings to maintain the Federation website, from processing membership checks, to reviewing scholarship and promotion grant applications, from writing articles for Let’s Dance!, to planning our major dance festivals, and more…
The by-laws of the Federation are available here.
- President — Joe Croco
- Vice President — Marian Snyder
- Treasurer — Laura Douglass
- Recording Secretary — Clem Dickey
- Let’s Dance! Editor — Loui Tucker
- Membership — Marcia Rosenblatt
- Parliamentarian – Bill Lidicker
Much of the Federation work is done by the following committees. Per the Federation Bylaws, Article V, section 2c, the President is an ex officio member of all committees except those dealing with nominations of officers, recalls, audits, and grievances.
- Archives — Kevin Greek (chair), Loui Tucker
- Communications — Susan Gregory (chair), Loui Tucker
- Finance — Laura Douglass (chair), Bill Lidicker, Sabine Zappe
- Institutes — Lon Radin (chair), Loui Tucker
- Insurance — Michael Giusto (chair), Loui Tucker
- Nominating — Craig Blackstone
- Promotion — Marija Hillis (chair), Gary Anderson, Bruce Mitchell
- Past President — Kevin Greek
- Publicity — Susan Gregory (chair), Loui Tucker
- Research — Cricket Raybern (chair), Martha Awdziewicz, Laura Carman, Kevin Greek, Bill Lidicker, Stacy Rose, Tom Sha, Marina Troost, Loui Tucker, Joyce Uggla, Karen Wilson-Bell
- Scholarship — Sabine Zappe (chair), Gary Anderson, Wendy Ellis
- Statewide 2020 Festival — Marina Troost