Events generally in Northern California
- This event has passed.
Global Folk Dance Party
May 30 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Connect Globally, Dance Locally. Follow folk dance leaders and dance watching enthusiasts worldwide.
Dance wherever you are; no need to get together to dance, we’ll dance in our own homes, apartments, vans, yurts, cabins… With luck, you’ll be able to show yourself with your webcam and we’ll see and hear each other! Hey, wear a costume!
- Connect and dance in our own homes
- Watch people leading dances from around the world
- Submit requests and chat online
- See each other; listen and dance to our favorites
At this party, in addition to our regular dance leaders, we’re excited to have join us as live Dance Leaders:
- Biana de Jong – Based in the Netherlands, Bianca has choreographed and taught many of the dances we love and also taught by other Master Teachers. Among her many dances are Tu Romnie, Devetorka na baba, Askin Cesi Mi, Ashun daje Mori and Gatij ëd gòj.
- Roberto Bagnoli – Part of our core team, Roberto will once again dance with us from his home in Rome. Roberto hosts many workshops online, more info can be found on his website.
- Megan Wolf and Jordan Uggla – From Northern California, Megan and Jordan teach and dance a wide repertoire. Regulars at Stockton Folk Dance Camp and other venues, both are energetic and passionate about many great things.
- Marcie Van Cleave – Based in Massachusetts, Marcie is the Director of the Folk Arts Center of New England (Facone) who has been hosting an excellent series of dance workshops from many master teachers. If you haven’t had the chance to attend, make it a priority before our party on Saturday.
Join The Party
https://zoom.us/j/600066908 Meeting ID: 600 066 908
- IMPORTANT – Do not use both computer and phone; you will generate feedback.
- Zoom will best be viewed using side by side mode. See https://bit.ly/39dximU for info.
- When in the meeting, click the ‘chat’ button to chat with everybody and make requests.
- When you sign into Zoom, enter your name and city so we know where you’re from!
To dial in by phone: +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
By Facebook Live
if Zoom is full or you just want to watch.
Then…Join us for an after party!
For more details and requests e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federation members can add or update their upcoming dance events to the calendar by sending event details to email@example.com