Events generally in Northern California
- This event has passed.
Virtual Folk Dance Party
March 28, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
As almost all classes and parties have been cancelled, the Peninsula Folk Dance Council is going to host a VIRTUAL FOLK DANCE PARTY! We’ll be setting up a video and audio bridge for everybody to web or call into from their homes. A few of us will be playing music so we can all dance without being together.
Dance wherever you are; no need to get together to dance, we’ll dance in our own homes, apartments, vans, yurts, cabins,…. With luck, you’ll be able to show yourself with your webcam and we’ll see and hear each other! Hey, wear a costume!
Let’s keep dancing. We will:
- Connect and dance in our own homes
- Watch people leading dances from around the world
- Submit requests and chat online
- See each other; listen and dance to our favorites
Join The Party
https://zoom.us/j/600066908 Meeting ID: 600 066 908
- IMPORTANT – Do not use both computer and phone; you will generate feedback.
- Zoom will best be viewed using side by side mode. See https://bit.ly/39dximU for info.
- When in the meeting, click the ‘chat’ button to chat with everybody and make requests.
- When you sign into Zoom, enter your name and city so we know where you’re from!
To dial in by phone: +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
By Facebook Live
if Zoom is full or you just want to watch.
Download Partial Playlist
Answers to your questions
- There will be a couple of dances in the program for your ‘housemate’ and you to dance.
- You can indeed send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will only need what space you have, we will probably not be doing Adama V’shamayim or Troika during the party =). Also, if you don’t have any space, or can’t currently dance, you can still listen in and brighten up your and our Saturday.
- Yes, if the shutdown goes into mid-April, and this first time works, we will have another one on April 11, in place of our normal monthly party in Menlo Park.
- Free! If you can, help your local food bank with a donation. There are a lot of people out of work right now.
Email your dance requests to email@example.com. We’re also working on a way for you to request during the event.
Federation members can add or update their upcoming dance events to the calendar by sending event details to firstname.lastname@example.org