Events generally in Northern California
- This event has passed.
Virtual 2020 Stockton Folk Dance Camp
July 11, 2020 - July 18, 2020Free
Online Camp and Fundraiser: July 11 – July 18, 2020
This year, Stockton Folk Dance Camp is moving online via Zoom, for everyone to see and enjoy! Here’s what you’ll experience:
- Live participation from more than 20 of your favorite teachers and musicians
- More than 35 hours of live broadcasts, at least 4-5 hours each day
- Dance classes, interviews, cooking classes, music, singing classes, ukulele classes, parties, game shows, assemblies, sing-alongs, after-parties, and a lot more
- The ability to ask questions and chat with your friends and teachers online
- Repeat of all broadcasts, plus additional live events, at times that are better for our Asian and European viewers<
If you’ve been to Stockton before, you’ll love this year. If this is your first Stockton, we look forward to sharing great dances, music and fun with everybody. If you can afford to, we’d appreciate a donation to help our faculty and camp. If you can’t donate, you will still be able to attend and see 100 percent of our programs.
|Aaron Albert||ISRAELI DANCES|
|Cristian Flourescu and Sonia Dion||ROMANIAN DANCES|
|Ahmet Lüleci||TURKISH DANCES|
|Melanie and Marcella Lawson||UKULELE DANCES|
|Tineke van Geel||ARMENIAN DANCES|
|Michelle Simon||BALKAN SINGING|
|Bill Cope||MUSIC AND SINGING|
Without the time and talent of our guest artists, camp volunteers and donors, our free 2020 Virtual Camp wouldn’t be possible. Your continued support is appreciated.
A store has been set up on CafePress.com that will allow you to put this year’s design by Susan Gregory on a t-shirt (lots of colors!), a hat, a tote bag, a mug, or a water bottle. Please note:
- These items will be more expensive than you have paid for t-shirts and tote bags in the past. Because each item is processed individually, we cannot take advantage of a discount for large quantities.
- Tax will be added to the purchase price. When we sell t-shirts at Camp, the tax is included in the price you pay.
- Shipping costs will be added to the price of the items you purchase because the items will need to be mailed to you. You can reduce the impact by combining your order with those of fellow dancers in your area. It will require some coordination and communication between those purchasing, but it might save you some money.
- When the shop was established, we were told that shipping is in the neighborhood of 7-10 days within the United States. We are hopeful that estimate will not change drastically. If you live outside the United States, shipping times will be significant and the items may not arrive before this year’s virtual camp.
- We were unable to sample the items prior to making them available for purchase. We are hopeful they will be good quality merchandise.
- If you have any questions, please contact Loui Tucker
Please take photos of yourself dancing during the Big Week! If you are able to dance in small groups — perhaps outside, perhaps six feet apart — it would be great to have photos of those happy occasions. If you order some of the commemorative items mentioned above, please include them in the photos you take. Email your photos to Loui at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will organize and post them on the Stockton SmugMug site.
Federation members can add or update their upcoming dance events to the calendar by sending event details to email@example.com